Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] new feature work: qtgui support in grc

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] new feature work: qtgui support in grc
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 18:32:20 -0800

On 03/02/2011 04:11 PM, Alexandru Csete wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> I had a few moments to try it out. It worked very well and I think it
> will be useful.
>
> I got a little confused when I cloned the repository because it said
> there was no HEAD (or something like that) and the directory was
> empty, but I could still checkout to the wip/qtgui/grc branch. I hope
> I got the right thing.

Ah, I dont have a master branch. Most people just git remote add my repo
to an existing gnuradio repo.

> You mention engineering notation for the widget. I believe for the
> text entry it is quite straightforward (xml attached - I just copied
> the code from the gr-qtgui example).

Excellent, I will try to get this in the block as an option for
float/real numbers.

My goal is to have engineering notation for the text box in the qwt
slider. I think that involves making a custom qwt text/engine object. It
seems like something qwt should support or would not be hard to
implement. Not sure. http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net/doc5/reference.html

Thanks!
-Josh