Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Need help with gr how to create a signal processi

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Need help with gr how to create a signal processing block template
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 19:01:43 -0700

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 03:36:35PM -0700, H.Raza wrote:

> Thanks Eric for your reply. The suggestion was immensely helpful. I was
> looking for the wrong documentation initially and could not understand how
> Automake works, think I had the Make one open.
>
> As the documentation is very comprehensive, I was only able to grasp a few
> things but I was able to fix 2 of the errors, the ones related to my own
> library file implementations not being defined. However, for the
> implementation of the other API functions which are a part of Matlab
> internal libraries I don't have the .cc or .cpp file and just the .so files
> which contain all the implementations inside the Matlab root folder.
>
> Although shared libraries are covered in the Automake document and the
> followup Libtool document, but there are many instances and I'm not sure
> where exactly should I be looking for my specific case. I figured out that I
> need to add the full path to the API function library file in the
> lib/makefile.am, under lib_LTLIBRARIES however as expected it is saying that
> a .la (libtool library) is needed. I'm not sure if this is what I should be
> doing, so any guidance would be great. Thank you for your time.

Please spent some more time with the docs.

lib_LTLIBRARIES is a list of shared libraries that you are building
and installing.  You are unlikely to be building and installing what
I'm assuming are matlab libraries; you want to _use_ them.

There are _many_ Makefile.am's in the source tree.  Please consider
looking at them for inspiration.

Also, please spend some time reading this:

  http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/ReportingErrors

It's got many tips on ways to effectively get help on this list.

Eric