Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio release 3.3.0-rc0 available for testing

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio release 3.3.0-rc0 available for testing
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 11:45:27 -0600

On May 17, 2010, at 8:11 PM, Tom Rondeau wrote:
If I had access to an OSX box, I'd see about getting qtgui to work
better on it.

Well ... IIRC, the issue is that there is no standard install of Qt on OSX; one must do it by hand from source or use MacPorts / Fink / whatever. At least for MacPorts, Qt is installed into $prefix/libexec/ qt4-mac , but then symlinks are dropped into $prefix/lib/pkgconfig with the hope that pkg-config is provided with the correct names to determine where Qt is installed. The Qt .pc files are:

Qt3Support_debug.pc, QtAssistant_debug.pc, QtCLucene_debug.pc, QtCore_debug.pc, QtDBus_debug.pc, QtDesignerComponents_debug.pc, QtDesigner_debug.pc, QtGui_debug.pc, QtHelp_debug.pc, QtMultimedia_debug.pc, QtNetwork_debug.pc, QtOpenGL_debug.pc, QtScriptTools_debug.pc, QtScript_debug.pc, QtSql_debug.pc, QtSvg_debug.pc, QtTest_debug.pc, QtUiTools_debug.pc, QtWebKit_debug.pc, QtXmlPatterns_debug.pc, QtXml_debug.pc, phonon_debug.pc

though the non "_debug" versions are in $prefix/libexec/qt4-mac/lib/ pkgconfig . I don't know why they do it this way, but I'll look to see if there are any tickets open to change this behavior.

I don't remember how GNU Radio checks for Qt; maybe you can look into that & add in the debug variants & make sure a non-standard install location would work? I'd love to use Qt with GNU Radio on OSX, so I'm happy to collaborate with you on the side to get this working. - MLD