Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 dropping data

From: David Evans
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 dropping data
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 09:58:13 -0700 (PDT)

After much ado...

The VRT branch I have always returns zero for rx_missing() and rx_overruns(),
with a FIXME comment. I notice this is now fixed in the latest git.

I also found no problems of lost data using Ubuntu 9.10 on an older Zotac
motherboard, it wasn't until I moved to the H55-itx, and had to get the latest
e1000 ethernet driver, that the missing data issue appeared. I then had the
problem using the later driver on the older motherboard, which confused me. I
wil try the later git code...

Checking the fractional timestamps of the received packets I found that the
receive samples handler always reports the same nitems (365 in my case with a
10MHz sample rate = 3650), but the fractional count itself sometimes updates
(with the new intel ethernet driver) by a multiple of this value (eg 3x), but
because I'm using nitems to fwrite the data to disk, data was being skipped.
I've not had a chance to check the latest git, but hopefully this is fixed.

Yes, config_mimo isn't there, I was trying to go by memory, which isn't what it
used to be, or ever was...:-o

Yes UHD looks the way to go, but loks to be another learning curve and rewrite
of code I've done already.

Cheers