RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unexplained out-of-sequence packets...

From: Ian Holland
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unexplained out-of-sequence packets...
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:06:10 +0930

Hi Matt and Marcus.

I understand it is indicating dropped packets, hence causing later ones
to show up out-of-sequence. Re the processing, this occurs even with the
usrp2_fft.py script as well. I don't think that does more processing for
higher values of decimation factor, though please correct me if I am
wrong here. Also, I am not doing any special filtering with my code,
simply capturing raw complex samples, and comparing their magnitude to a
threshold. Of course, once the threshold is crossed I do more
computations, but these S's appear even while I am still listening. On
the other hand, when I reduce the decimation factor, then I don't have
this problem until I do my other processing, which then leads to lost
packets due to excessive computational load. As such, I haven't found a
value of decimation factor that I can use.

Cheers

Ian.