Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WBX usage

From: Jason Abele
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WBX usage
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 16:46:26 -0700

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 08:23:49PM +0200, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 05/06/2010 07:17 AM, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >> in order to use the new WBX daughterboards, do I have to get the new
> >> libusrp2 from git ?
> >>

> > To actually answer your question, if you dont want to experiment with the
> > uhd drivers. You will need to checkout the git master to get the latest
> > libusrp2. and you will need to build and flash your sd card with the
> > txrx_wbx.bin firmware.
>
> Is the upgrade back compatible with other daughter boards ?

The txrx_wbx.bin file works with WBX and basic rx/tx or lfrx/lftx.  The
XCVR firmware was also separated into its own txrx_xcvr.bin and basic/lf
support.

If you would like to have support for all daughterboards with one SD
card image, the UHD is moving rapidly in that direction.  WBX support
has just been added to the git master for UHD, so it now supports basic,
lf, XCVR2450, all RFX boards and WBX.

Jason