[Discuss-gnuradio] Bluetooth using RFX-2400

From: Dominic Spill
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bluetooth using RFX-2400
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 17:21:06 +0100

Hi,

I know Bluetooth has been mentioned on the mailing list a few time, and the
response was a bit varied, but I thought I'd mention that I've been working
on it for this for the past few weeks.

I'm using the USRP to sniff packets on a single frequency, and it seems to
work well, but the obvious problem is frequency hopping.  I have two
questions:

1) What is the bandwidth of the RFX-2400 daughterboard, i.e. how many
Bluetooth channels (1MHz intervals) can I receive at any one time with one
daughterboard?

2) Or conversely, if I want to watch the hopping pattern using FFTs to get the
order of the frequencies that it hops to, how many daughterboard will I need
to use to view the full spectrum (80MHz)?

3) If anyone is interested in playing with Bluetooth and the USRP and would
like the code that I've written, let me know and I'll send it.  It's in a bit
of a horrible state and there's no documentation as to how it works or what
it does.

--Dominic