[Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with How to Write a Signal Processing Block

From: Bahn William L Civ USAFA/DFCS
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with How to Write a Signal Processing Block
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:19:29 -0700

I've gone through the How to Write a Signal Processing Block article.

Everything worked - better than it was supposed to. When I got to the
first time I was supposed to run "make check" and it was supposed to
fail, it passed. I'm assuming that this is because the tarball included
the howto module which the article assumes hasn't been written yet.

Fine. So, per the article, "Victory! Our new block works!"

Or does it?

If I try to run the top level Python program, qa_howto.py, I get the
following error message:

ImportError: No module named howto

I tracked down the howto.py file (located in the lib directory) and
copied it to the python site-packages directory.

Now I get the error message:

ImportError: No module named _howto

The only file I can find by that name is _howto.la (again, in the lib
directory). I copied it over to the site-packages directory, but got the
same result.

What do I need to do (and, more importantly, how am I supposed to know
that I need to do it) in order to actually run the python program
(qa_howto.py) that supposedly passed all of the make checks?