Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ( An attempt ) to run GNURadio on WinTV : )

From: Alex Miua
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ( An attempt ) to run GNURadio on WinTV : )
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:29:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi again!

It may not work ? I am doing this as an amateur project. I wish to use WinTV hardware as an RF spectrum analyser ? Bad idea?

I did read an article on the net where a person had claimed he could make almost any TV card with a SAA***** chip into a radio spectrum analyser.

I was hoping to do the same with WinTV inspired by him.

I am currently trying to install GNURadio.

Question : FFTW install does not have a seperate installation guide for Cygwin. It does have installation notes on MinGW. I guess those would do ?

Thank you,
Alex.

Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 09:04:23AM -0800, Alex Miua wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> Thank you for your response. I am using WinTV-PVR USB2 .

OK. Not sure if it'll work.

Is there detailed documentation, or are you just supposed to run the
software they give you? If the details aren't available, then I
wouldn't even bother.

> Question : Is this the right way of replying to maintain the thread
> of the discussion ? Ahh well ...time ...say 12 hours will tell me :> )

Yes, it worked ;)

> It is interesting to note that in this mailing list I can't post to
> the message board directly. Is this observation correct?

You must post from a subscribed address, otherwise the post is quietly
ignored.

Eric

Never Miss an Email