Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: TX/RX simultaneously using one USRP board

From: David Scaperoth
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: TX/RX simultaneously using one USRP board
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 23:28:40 -0500

I am currently trying to transmit digital signals simultaneously from the two independent sources using a socket connection to the digital sources.  Using the gnuradio-examples, I have been able to create a script that does the transmitting of continuous signals.  So, my next step would be to send bursts of data asynchronously.  I wanted to ask if this is even possible due to the interleaving that must be done at the USB.  for example I have two sources, what will happen if one source sends data and the other source sends NOTHING.  from the interleave.cc function,

  for (int i = 0; i < noutput_items; i += nchan){
    for (unsigned int n = 0; n < nchan; n++){
      memcpy (out, in[n], itemsize);
      out += itemsize;
      in[n] += itemsize;
    }
  }

does the scheduler wait till there is data to send on both of the transmit paths before it will do anything?

I made a script that sends data on SideA (RFX900), but not the other (Side B - RFX400), and the data from Side A seems to be transmitting (something) even though there is not any data going to the USRP from SideB (which is what I want), but when I look at the data on a spectrum analyzer the data is distorted (choppy in the time domain)

so in short...can I transmit asyncronous data using interleave?

thanks for any help,

David Scaperoth