Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SWIG compilation speedup!

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SWIG compilation speedup!
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:17:36 -0500

Eric Blossom <address@hidden> writes:

> I've just checked code into the trunk that speeds up compilation of
> the swig generated code, as well as reducing the number of
> dependencies for each piece.

I did a make clean, updated, and then rebuilt (autogen, configure,
make) on NetBSD/i386 4.99.1.  It built without errors, and the "stabs"
warnings I reported earlier are gone, probably because the number of
labels is down below 16 bits or something like that.

I noticed 330 MB working set on one of the cc1plus processes, but I
remember that I had to up a build machine from 512 to 768 to avoid
pain.

make check also succeeded (after I deleted the pkgsrc packages;
apparently that version of the libs was getting picked up by the
gr-usrp tests).