Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] no green snake

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] no green snake
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 11:01:55 -0500

Thanks for the report.

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Kuhlmann

Following the trac instructions my Cygwin installation was going smoothly until
hitting wxPython.  I installed the latest version 2.8.0.1.

Some observations:

1)       the statbmp patch appears to already be applied

That patch is not needed in 2.8.0.1.

2) the build wxPython step did not recognize the flag BUILD_AUTOMATE.

The automate stuff is gone.

3)       Assuming these were not fatal,  I tried the demo and the file
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-msw-ansi/wx/py/editwindow.py could
not import stc.

Apparently the (formerly optional) stc package is now needed to run the demo. As far as I know it is not needed for GNU Radio.

The wiki instructions have been updated to reflect the above changes.