Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] using ADC of a TV-card with CX2388x chip or digit

From: Cory Papenfuss
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] using ADC of a TV-card with CX2388x chip or digital TV-reception chips/cards
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:36:45 -0500 (EST)

CX23883_Datasheet.pdf:
Capture Control Register 24 h310180
Bits   Type   Default Name Description
[6] RW 0 CAP_RAW_ALL A value of 1 enables continuous raw data mode capture.

Interesting... I'm sure you've already tried this as one of the undocumented registers in the bt878, right?

I know that the folowing cards have a cx88xxxx chip:
Most prominent piece of hardware are the recent Hauppauge WinTV cards:
Hauppauge WinTV 34xxx models
GDI Black Gold
PixelView
ATI TV Wonder Pro
Leadtek Winfast 2000XP Expert
AverTV Studio 303 (M126)
MSI address@hidden Master
Leadtek Winfast DV2000
Leadtek PVR 2000

Also, the pcHDTV-3000 card uses that chip as the SDTV capture and PCI-bus interface. It costs quite a bit to play with for gnuradio stuff, but it might have other value as well. The Oren chip that does the VSB/QAM demodulation is basically doing software-demod (since it's firmware adjustable). I don't know if the raw data can be had from that, but it might be more conducive to uncorrupted streams.

-Cory