Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Filter delays and direction of time.

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Filter delays and direction of time.
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:59:42 -0500

> Yes this is correct.  If you're using a non-symmetric filter, you must
> reverse the taps before handing them to gr_fir_filter.  For common
> cases, it doesn't matter because the taps are symmetric.

Eric,

I am not sure if tap reversal solves the problem:

suppose I want to implement a simple
filter that performes a delay by 2 samples.

The correct coefficients are [0,0,1].
However, gnuradio will return
y[k]=x[k+2]
which is not what i want.

If I reverse the coefficients, I get [1,0,0]
which when used in gnuradio will return
y[k]=x[k]
which is not what we want either.

Achilleas