[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Startup Issues

From: mgray
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Startup Issues
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:10:01 -0700 (MST)

I have a couple problems with my USRP Rev. 2 hardware:

Is there a pre-built FPGA bitstream (usrp_fpga.rbf) for the rev 2
hardware?

I see a note in http://comsec.com/wiki?UsrpProtoIntro that talks about
using the free Altera tools to build it, but the only free one is a
Windoze based version.  I have Windoze, will the source build under those
tools?

The Linux toolset requires a pay Altera subscription.  Is there another
Linux option?

--------------------

Does usrper replace the usrp/apps/test_usrp mentioned in the
http://comsec.com/wiki?UsrpProtoIntro Wiki?  I was able to use usrper to
load the firmware and turn LED1 on and off.

usrper led1 on

--------------------

When I run the dsb_tx.py example I get the following output:

usrp: found usrp rev2
audio: using audio_alsa
cordic_freq = 10M
>>> gr_fir_fff: using SSE
TX d'board A: Invalid EEPROM contents
TX d'board B: Invalid EEPROM contents

How do I write the transmit and receive board EEPROM?  Where is there
image?

I get the same type of error for the rx daughter boards:

address@hidden py]$ python test_counting.py
RX d'board A: Invalid EEPROM contents
RX d'board B: Invalid EEPROM contents
gr_check_counting: enter_SEARCHING at offset        0 (0x00000000)
Press Enter to quit:

And now for both:

address@hidden py]$ python test_digital_loopback_counting.py
TX d'board A: Invalid EEPROM contents
TX d'board B: Invalid EEPROM contents
RX d'board A: Invalid EEPROM contents
RX d'board B: Invalid EEPROM contents
gr_check_counting: enter_SEARCHING at offset        0 (0x00000000)
Press Enter to quit:

----------------

And a Linux issue under Fedora Core 3.  Has anyone created a usb.usermap
entry for the USRP hardware?  When I run as myself I get:

address@hidden bin]$ usrper led1 on
usrp_open_interface: usb_claim_interface: failed conf 0
could not set config 1: Operation not permitted
usrper: failed to open_cmd_interface

I tried to chmod 666 in the /proc/bus/usb/001/* directory, but every time
I disconnect/reconnet the device I get a new set of devices after it
enumerates.

Thanks!  Almost working!