[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: A little DQPSK demodulation progress and a q

From: Ian Wraith
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: A little DQPSK demodulation progress and a question
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 16:40:56 +0100

Hello
     Firstly thanks to everyone who has emailed me privately or via the
list helping me with this problem. Unfortunetly this week I have had a very
busy time at work and haven't been able to spend anymore time on this.

 The signal I was using to obtain the data is a Dolphin Tetra base less
than a mile from my home. There are no other transmissions around it and
its probably as good an on-air signal as I could possibly have. However as
both Matt and Eric said it is still no substitute for a known good signal.
To that end it may be possible for me to briefly borrow a piece of Tetra
test gear that can generate PI/4 DQPSK signals to test this. If not Eric's
idea of writing a transmitting module to generate known data is a good one.

 Thanks to all for the book suggestions - Hopefully this week I will have
the time to have a look for these.

Regards

Ian