discuss-gnu-electric

Re: (no subject)

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 22:05:36 -0700

I am having a problem installing Electric. It seems
to compile OK using Visual C++ 6.0, however when
I run the program, I get a notice about the cadrc
file not found, installation may be incorrect. There
are only 3 menu selections in the electric gui: File
View, and Help. I can load an electric library okay
but there are no menu selections to navigate around.
I haven't seen version 6.01 before, but it does seem
like a bad installation. Any idea what the problem
be?

When Electric starts up, it looks for a file called "cadrc", and that file looks for a folder called "lib" with a file called "evemenus.mac" in it. If you have moved the application to another location, then it will give you that error. Also, if you unpacked the distribution wrong (improper line endings) then the file will be bad and the same problem will occur. Look for these files and make sure they have proper line endings (edit them and see).

    -Steven Rubin