Re: [directory-discuss] Evaluating different components of Bitwarden

From: David Seaward
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Evaluating different components of Bitwarden
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 09:18:17 -0000

"jayesh" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I personally used Mono for C# on Ubuntu and seem to me that
> code hold some proprietary challenges that do not allow its
> running on different platform.

Thanks for the info. I've since got confirmation from the
developer [1] that bitwarden/core depends on:

* .NET core -- which seems to be free/libre (Expat/MIT with no "patent promise"
file), https://github.com/dotnet/core

* Microsoft SQL Server -- which is not free/libre

So overall, not free unless someone writes support for a
different database (at least).

Does FSD have a mechanism for recording packages that have been
evaluated and found wanting?

[1] https://github.com/bitwarden/core/issues/86

Regards,
David