dino-list

[Dino-list] jack midi and alsaseq2jackmidi

From: Josh Lawrence
Subject: [Dino-list] jack midi and alsaseq2jackmidi
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:25:52 -0500

Hello,

I've been trying to use dino at home, but I'm having a problem.  on
debian sid, jack comes at version 0.103.0, but does not have midi
capabilities.  I cannot uninstall the package and build from source,
because of debian's packaging system, it will uninstall everything
that depends on it.

In desperation I found and compiled alsaseq2jackmidi to act as a
bridge until debian gets their act together on jack.  I start
alsaseq2jackmidi, start dino, and yet none of my synths appear in
dino.

do you all have any suggestions on how to get around this?  LFS?  :)

thanks,

--
Josh Lawrence

http://www.hardbop200.com