dfey-nw-discuss

[Dfey-nw-discuss] Encouraging new GNU/Linux users to use Debian rather t

From: Richard Thompson
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Encouraging new GNU/Linux users to use Debian rather than Ubuntu
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 09:29:14 -0000 (UTC)

As most of you probably know Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (codename Lenny) has now
been released. As http://debian.org/News/2009/20090214 points out:

"Debian GNU/Linux can now also be directly used without prior
installation. The special images used, known as live images, are available
for CDs, USB sticks, and netboot setups. Initially, these are provided for
the amd64 and i386 architectures only."

I think this would give us an interesting oppurtunity to introduce new
GNU/Linux users to Debian rather Ubuntu

What do people think?

--
Richard Thompson (Registered Linux User #438300)
They took the fourth amendment and I was quiet because I didn't deal drugs