dev-serveez

[dev-serveez] A word about network bindings

From: stefan
Subject: [dev-serveez] A word about network bindings
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:32:18 +0100 (CET)

Hello list,

  the recent changes in the CVS all apply to the issue of mixtures of
INADDR_ANY-, all- and other bindings.  Much of the logic is already
implemented.  After some tests on Raimi's home network we found some bugs
in it and now I think its ready for usage.
  I would like to test it once more.  Also it would be interesting to
figure out the following open questions:

 * Why can I bind() via SO_BINDTODEVICE *and* INADDR_ANY/others?  Which is
   preferred?
 * Is it possible to keep bindings via SO_BINDTODEVICE on builtin ippp's?
 * Do SO_BINDTODEVICE bindings include aliases?

Cheers,
        address@hidden