Re: renaming the denemo.desktop file

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: renaming the denemo.desktop file
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 08:33:08 -0500

Thanks for the heads up. I will check to see if it breaks anything in MXE or the appimage. I don't think it does.

Jeremiah

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021, 8:23 AM Dr. Tobias Quathamer <toddy@debian.org> wrote:
Am 23.08.21 um 11:33 schrieb Richard Shann:
> Hi,
>
> Federico Bruni has been creating a flatpak for Denemo and has suggested
> renaming the file
>
> pixmaps/denemo.desktop

> pixmaps/org.denemo.Denemo.desktop
>
> I'm not familiar with this desktop configuration stuff, but I recall
> that you made patches to this file and so I would appreciate it if you
> could say whether this is ok or if I should create a symbolic link
> between the new and old names to retain all current functionality.
>
> best wishes
>
> Richard Shann
> Attached is the patch proposed.

Hi Richard,

thanks for letting me know -- yes, Federico is right, this is the
current recommended way for naming .desktop files. So the patch is fine
with me, please go ahead and apply it. There's no symlink needed, the
old name can just go away.

Regards,
Tobias