Re: Add-chord-note bug; and, problem with focus of warning dialog

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Add-chord-note bug; and, problem with focus of warning dialog
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 09:29:01 +0000

On Tue, 2021-02-02 at 13:51 -0800, Wade McReynolds wrote:
> Sorry, that was a typo; the iPad keyboard I was using seems to have
> capitalized the letter automatically. I just checked and confirmed
> that the default shortcuts ALT+lower-case letter do not add any
> notes, at least not on my machine.
If it doesn't insert a note what does it do? You can find out by
pressing the key combination and then looking on the left hand side of
the status bar - it gives the name of the command you just executed. If
it is not a shortcut for any command then pressing it a second time
will bring up the advisory dialog telling you so. Does that happen?

>  And the shortcut dialog does show that I'm using lower case, not
> upper. (I'm not as inept with my laptop's keyboard as with my
> iPad's.) Oddly, after trying ALT+capital-letter I found that those
> key combinations do add notes to make a chord, including "F," "C,"
> etc.
So do you have the "menu navigation by keyboard" off or on?
And what shortcut is listed against those commands (e.g. in the Command
Center - see attached screenshot which shows my setting, which is, I
think, the default).
(And, just to check you have version 2.4.5? There were fixes for MacOS
a while back).

Richard