Re: Shortcuts text colour and Command Center window problems on Puppy Li

From: Lib Lists
Subject: Re: Shortcuts text colour and Command Center window problems on Puppy Linux
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 15:31:55 +0200

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 at 20:55, Lib Lists <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 at 14:48, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 2020-03-02 at 14:18 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:

> > > Sorry my mistake, Abiword behaves like Denemo i.e. only the title bar
> > > changes, while the menus don't. However, Gnumeric works well. After
> > > some research it seems that the installed version of Abiword is a
> > > Gtk3
> > > program, while Gnumeric (version 1.10.17) is a Gtk2 program.
> >
> > You can build Denemo against Gtk2 but there are some features that are
> > not so good. IIRC Gtk3 has switched to using cascading style sheets (or
> > some such terminology) where you can specify the style of things at an
> > extremely granular level - Denemo is exploiting this internally, e.g.
> > to paint the background of the frames differently for the different
> > types of Denemo Directive in the Score/Movement/Staff/etc editors.
> > Ideally this would be done by providing a style sheet with Denemo that
> > the user could then adjust, but, as I say, I haven't delved so deeply
> > into how that would work.
> > I think the installed Gtk3 libraries that you have will include a
> > variety of styles and something to specify the default, so, short of
> > finding a Gtk3 theme chooser program you could directly alter that
> > default (probably by putting the choice in some .config file in your
> > home directory).
>
> Hi Richard,
> thank you for your suggestion! I'll give it a try and report.

Hi,
I tried to modify various gtk3 .css files but didn't succeed. However,
I noticed that in Abiword's menus the keyboard shortcuts are light
grey and not dark blue as in Denemo. Otherwise the menu colours are
exactly the same. Could it be that in Denemo the shortcut colour
number is hardcoded?

Talking about colours, is it possible to modify the background colour
of both the editing and print view windows?

Finally, I just noticed that in the version compiled by myself syntax
highlighting doesn't work, while it works in the appimage downloaded
from Denemo website. Any hint?

Thanks!