Re: Shortcuts text colour and Command Center window problems on Puppy Li

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Shortcuts text colour and Command Center window problems on Puppy Linux
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 10:07:58 +0000

On Sat, 2020-02-29 at 19:51 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:

[...]
> > > Hi, just tested with Abiword
> >
> > is that a Gtk based program (or Qt for example)?
>
> Yes it's a Gtk program.

and the background color of pop-up menus in Abiword changes when you
change theme but does not in Denemo?

> > > Yes, the same happens here.
> >
> > ok, then that is the "normal" behavior - perhaps it could pop-down
> > the
> > menu when that option is chosen, it would need a bug filing against
> > it
> > if it is behavior that bothers you...
>
> Why not, it feels like an unnecessary click to pop the menu down
> every time.

I've looked at this: this is the general behavior, and I think I can
understand why: having navigated down several layers of menus to a menu
item it will often be not convenient for the menu to disappear without
consent as the user may want to choose another command from the same
menu or actually execute that command...

Richard.