Re: [Denemo-devel] Could not open output file for writing

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Could not open output file for writing
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2019 07:08:45 -0500

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 3:12 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2019-08-22 at 16:28 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> > The http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/mxe/denemo.zip
> > file is entirely self-contained, it does not need installing, just
> > download the file to some convenient location and extract (unzip)
> > it
> > and then double click the batch file that is in the top level
> > folder.
>

> Is there a  version 2.3 like above?

I don't think Jeremiah has found time to build one, but that version
2.3.1 is *extremely* similar, just a couple of extra commands and minor
wording of help texts...

I have built 2.3.0 now. It can be downloaded at:
http://denemo.org/downloads/denemo-mingw-2.3.0.zip

Jeremiah

> What version of LilyPond  is used with Denemo v2,3?

There will be the current stable LilyPond included in the zip file for
Windows, but you can always change the version of LilyPond Denemo uses
to one you have installed separately by using the Preferences.

I occurred to me after I last wrote that there is a bug report open
saying that the Denemo installer for Windows (*not* the zip file no-
install versions) overwrites the PATH environment variable. If you have
been hit by this then it's not impossible that the error message about
not finding a system DLL is connected to that. Very strange that you
would see this message while trying to run Denemo but not other
programs, as this has not been reported as causing problems, but it
would affect some previously installed programs that had set the PATH
to suit themselves. The only fix in that case would be to reset the
PATH environment variable to whatever the system intended it to
contain. But it's a long shot.

HTH