Re: [Denemo-devel] Could not open output file for writing

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Could not open output file for writing
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 17:41:20 -0400

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 2:13 AM Joe Wilkinson <address@hidden> wrote:

Having seen all of these and now read this one.
I extract the version of denemo I am using to the desktop and rename the top folder with the date.
It works fine from there and makes it easy to upgrade every couple of weeks.

I have windows 10 on two computers and i put this in both on the desktop.
> > The http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/mxe/denemo.zip   [v2.3.0]
> > file is entirely self-contained, it does not need installing, just
> > download the file to some convenient location and extract (unzip)
> > it
It tries to open But it said it can not find ice9 and stops
It works fine on a usb stick and on C:

Just so you know,
ƒg

Joe Wilkinson

On 24/08/2019 23:01, Freeman Gilmore wrote:

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 11:56 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, 2019-08-24 at 11:53 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> Ok to check you software i copied  the extracted file to a stick; it
> works fine on an other computer.
was that Windows 10 too? I tested at my local library and on an ancient
laptop, but I can't be sure that all is well on the latest versions of
Windows...

Denemo 2.3.0  now works on the dell.   i extracted Denemo to the C:\Denemo and it survived the the reinstall Windows 10 keeping files.

Thank you for all your help.
ƒg