Re: [Denemo-devel] guitar tablature

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] guitar tablature
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 17:48:41 +0100

On Tue, 2016-09-06 at 12:05 -0400, Tom Swan wrote:
> Thank you for the suggestions. I will explore setting up keyboard
> shortcuts and upgrade asap. I admit to being a little confused by the
> multiple menu bars on the Mac OS/X wrapper interface, and now I see
> the menu is there after all.

There is a picture in the Manual which labels the Main Menu and the
Object Menu and a few other things.

> Mirroring entry between the standard staff and tab is unlikely to work
> -- string numbers are rarely needed to be shown in the standard score,
> but they are needed frequently for tab entries when the default
> string/fret combination is incorrect (as it usually is, although this
> is a Lilypond issue, not Denemo's responsibility). I would not want so
> many string values to be shown in the upper staff, so I will probably
> have to specify them separately in both places. LH RH fingerings are
> only for the upper staff, not tab, so duplication there is not an
> issue.

That's an interesting case. I think you can do this by giving the TAB
staff a \with {} clause where you \omit Fingering Engraver. So you have
identical music with fingerings, but the TAB staff ignores them.
It would be a lilypond-user mailing list question to get the right
syntax for that - they are always keen to help given a minimal example.

(Yes, you could insert the \with {} syntax into the TAB staff using
Denemo, I can help you do that once you know what syntax you want. You
could then end up with a Template which you could load for new scores).