Re: [Denemo-devel] guitar tablature

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] guitar tablature
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 16:23:29 +0100

On Tue, 2016-09-06 at 11:12 -0400, Tom Swan wrote:
> Thanks for the info. I never saw any of these commands, I guess
> because I'm using a Mac and OS/X. Couldn't find them there. I did find
> the Notes/Rest/Markings commands on my Linux system after reading your
> emails.
>

> Unfortunately, the menu commands take longer to execute than to enter
> fingerings manually.

you set a keyboard shortcut in Denemo by pressing the key you want to
use while you have the command highlighted. (Or you can set two-key
shortcuts by right clicking on a command and then clicking "Open Comamnd
Center on this command" and then choosing "Set Two Key Shortcut". (You
can also place any command into a palette, and invoke the palette button
by a keyboard sequence ...)

>  What I was hoping for was some kind of keyboard command set similar
> to note entry. Or do I need to program macros of some kind? I am just
> getting started with Denemo, but I've been using Lilypond for some
> time. If you would like to see samples of my results so far, here is
> my latest transcript:
>

> http://tomswan.com/blog/posts/2016-09-01-transcribing-good-or-evil/chordal-solo.pdf

I see TAB and normal staff notation, with the staff notation annotated
with fingerings. Did you want something beyond what you have here?  (I'm
presuming you are generating both from the same chords, without having
to copy the chords from one staff to the other - if not, look in the
staff->Add Staff menu for adding a staff with mirrored music, or the
examples I think).

> Others are found here (page down for links):
>

> http://tomswan.com/blog/posts/2016-09-01-transcribing-good-or-evil.html
>
> On Linux, I am using Denemo 2.0.2.

The upcoming 2.0.12 is available (just waiting for translations)
pre-built at

http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/denemo-2.0.12-0.linux-x86.tar.xz

or (if you want Chord entry from MIDI keyboard without using the sustain
pedal)

http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/denemo-0.0.0-0.linux-x86.tar.xz

>  On OS/X 2.0.10.

on the same page is OS/X 2.0.12 build and the 0.0.0-0 version which is
the development build.

The 2.0.12 has important bug fixes over 2.0.10, so get at least that.

Richard

PS. Please include the Mailing List in your reply, for the sake of
listeners-in.