Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem with "file load failed" Denemo 2.0.1.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem with "file load failed" Denemo 2.0.1.
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 19:14:33 +0000

On Wed, 2016-02-03 at 12:19 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Do you still want me to build guile2? It is failing to compile. It
> seems to need a file called libgnu.la . I installed libgnu and am
> looking into it.

No, I think it's will be too complex because LilyPond has profound
difficulties upgrading to guile2, I was just in communication with
Richard Stallman about this, the issues go quite deep. So we could never
deploy this in a distro as you can only have one version at a time (as I
discovered when I built it just now). (Having said that, I recall a year
or two ago I had my normal build of Denemo using guile2 - it forced me
to introduce that (define-once ) macro. So Debian must have allowed both
to be installed simultaneously at that time - it doesn't now).

It was finding that out that prompted me to look again at the coding of
the simple titles. I'll do a search to check if there may be other cases
still lurking...

Richard