Re: [Denemo-devel] Instrument templates

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Instrument templates
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 12:27:53 +0000

I see two problems - first the MIDI velocity of the drum sounds (that is
the volume of sound) generated by LilyPond appears very low.
And, the livescore.ily include file we are using doesn't pick up timing
information from drum staff. This last I got warned about by Mathieu
Demange; last I heard he was working on something that avoided this.
His code is here:

https://gitlab.com/sigmate/lilypond-html-live-score/commits/master

I'll look into that code to see what changes are needed when I can get
to it. If you have a chance to look at it then please do, in the mean
time we don't get timing information for drums.

There *is* a workaround - add a staff and fill it with rests. Then the
drums play (the rests give the timing events). Attached is an example.

Richard