Re: [Denemo-devel] crescendo vs. hairpin question

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] crescendo vs. hairpin question
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 17:50:09 +0000

On Sat, 2015-03-07 at 11:13 -0500, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> Hello Richard and other Denemo friends,
>
> > I'm using Denemo 1.2.1 downloaded from Jeremiah's directory on
> January
> > 25th. The file is actually called denemo-0.0.0-0.mingw. And I have
> > Richard's new install cue script.
>

> I've used both the crescendo function and the start crescendo function
> under Notes/Rests/ Markings/ Dynamics and I seem to get mixed results.
> Sometimes lilypond typesets a begin and end crescendo as "cresc." and
> sometimes with a hairpin.
>

> In this case--measure 54 in the attached file-- I want a hairpin, but
> I keep getting a"cresc." even though I think I'm using the process
> that usually results in a hairpin. Can anybody enlighten me?

Yes, the current scripts setting up text for cresc. and dim. carry on
applying to further crescendi and dimuendi, which leads to bafflement.

I've created new versions (attached) to fix this bug. The same method
for installing them as you used for the InstallCue.scm script applies -
in this case they are in the Notes/Rests->Markings->Dynamics menu (and
hence folder).

Oh, and I got a look at the unzipped portable version - the thing to
double click on *is* called Denemo.bat it is located
in the folder denemo-1.2.2 alongside the folders usr and license.
The scripts to replace in this case are at

denemo-1.2.2\usr\share\denemo\actions\menus\ObjectMenu\NotesRests\Markings\Dynamics

(The files are called DecrescendoTextSpanner.scm and CrescendoTextSpanner.scm )

Once more, thank you for reporting this bug.

Richard