[Denemo-devel] crescendo vs. hairpin question

From: Ellen Schwindt
Subject: [Denemo-devel] crescendo vs. hairpin question
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 11:13:35 -0500

Hello Richard and other Denemo friends,

> I'm using Denemo 1.2.1 downloaded from Jeremiah's directory on January
> 25th. The file is actually called denemo-0.0.0-0.mingw. And I have
> Richard's new install cue script.

I've used both the crescendo function and the start crescendo function under Notes/Rests/ Markings/ Dynamics and I seem to get mixed results. Sometimes lilypond typesets a begin and end crescendo as "cresc." and sometimes with a hairpin.

In this case--measure 54 in the attached file-- I want a hairpin, but I keep getting a"cresc." even though I think I'm using the process that usually results in a hairpin. Can anybody enlighten me?
thank you,
-Ellen