Re: [Denemo-devel] Dynamics Staff

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Dynamics Staff
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 09:26:23 +0000

On Sun, 2014-11-23 at 21:11 -0500, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> Hello Denemo Friends,
>

>  I'm using dynamics staves in a string quartet I'm writing and in one
> place the typesetter is printing treble clefs for each of these staves
> and a tiny bit of staff as well--not even a whole measure. Does
> anybody know this problem?

Well, finding that LilyPond has suddenly generated a new staff with
clefs and so on is a fairly common event where you have given LilyPond
something that can't be done in the current "context", so I would be
moving the cursor step by step over the objects in the staffs in the
vicinity of the problem (especially the Dynamics staffs themselves)
looking for some unusual or not-needed item. (The dynamics staff only
needs durations and dynamics - could a non-empty measure with something
like a clef-change in it trigger the trouble ... or ...?)

Bottom line though is, as usual, to post an example. (We could do with a
few more commands to cut files down to size more easily - I have added a
"delete to end of staff", I guess "delete all except the surrounding n
bars" and "delete all other movements" could be good).

Richard