Re: [Denemo-devel] chord symbol fonts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] chord symbol fonts
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 17:54:41 +0000

On Mon, 2014-11-03 at 12:42 -0500, Bric wrote:
> Thanks for the transposition tips.  One more thing about chords: Is it
> possible to change the chord symbol fonts?
yes

> Or is that a lilypond question?
yes
>   Or is it a matter of scarcity of such
> fonts.
>
> (There is a LOT of discussion on lilypond about general music fonts, but
> I don't see CHORD fonts, specifically)
I added the font choice command specifically for altering the font used
for chord names; the way I did it means what you set (for the sans font)
applies all things that LilyPond uses a sans serif font for. (I did that
because it is more widely useful).

 But you can set the font to use for each sort of thing independently -
in the case of chord names the object is ChordName. The exact syntax you
would need to look in the LilyPond docs for, but if you look in the
script for the ChordChartStaff command you will see examples of setting
ChordName properties:
  \\override ChordName.Y-extent = ##f
                 \\override ChordName.extra-spacing-width=#'(+inf.0 .
-inf.0)
                 \\override ChordName.extra-offset = #'(0 . -2.5)
                 \\override BarLine.bar-extent = #'(-3.5 . 4.2)
                 \\override BarLine #'hair-thickness = #1.2 "
                 "
                 \\override ChordName.extra-offset = #'(0 . -2.5)

HTH