Re: [Denemo-devel] chord symbol fonts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] chord symbol fonts
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 09:25:41 +0000

On Mon, 2014-11-03 at 12:42 -0500, Bric wrote:
> Thanks for the transposition tips.  One more thing about chords: Is it
> possible to change the chord symbol fonts?
the suggestion on the lilypond-user list

\override ChordNames.ChordName.font-name = "Courier"

works if you are using Staff/Voices->Staff Properties->Chord Symbols
to generate the chord names. Then you can do Insert LilyPond and insert
this and it will change the font of the (subsequent) chord symbols.
If you attach chord symbols to notes (using Notes/Rests->Markings->Chord
Symbols) then you need to hack that snippet into the LilyPond that
Denemo generates for the chord symbols - it is no good putting it in the
stream of notes to which the chord symbols are attached as these are
notes not chord symbols.
Figured Bass has a method ($ ... $) for inserting LilyPond syntax into
the stream of figured bass figures, but I don't think chord symbols (aka
fakechords) has it, I think I did it after Jeremiah cloned the figured
bass code to create the fakechord code.