Re: [Denemo-devel] latest mingw binary

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] latest mingw binary
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:02:21 +0100

On Wed, 2014-08-20 at 11:07 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I compiled again from the master branch with an upgraded Cairo. I
> believe the problem is now gone.
It has indeed :) I tested an hour or so ago, and it seems to be working
just fine - with the latest tweaks to the palette shortcuts code in
there and working.
BTW
I don't think I quite realized when I proposed the palettes activation
from the keyboard idea that this allows you to define multi-key
shortcuts, since you can create a set of labels on palette buttons that
issue the commands you want to have shortcuts to, and then access them
via p, label, <return>, where "p" is my short cut for the palette
activation by keyboard command. As an improvement over ordinary
shortcuts you get to see the short cut as you type it and you can edit
it if you make a typo. (And - there is no need to have the palette
actually visible - if you have it as the last palette in you palettes
file, normal if it is a custom palette, then you will get it by
default).
This idea was motivated by a practical example, the Chord Charts have
palette buttons for entering specific chords at the press of a button.
But for quick access typing p,m,<return> for a minor chord is better.
Where "m" is the label on the insert-minor-chord palette button.

Richard