Re: [Denemo-devel] Command generation mechanism

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Command generation mechanism
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 08:42:14 +0100

On Mon, 2013-05-20 at 00:04 +0200, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> 2013/5/17 Richard Shann <address@hidden>
>         On Fri, 2013-05-17 at 16:21 +0200, Éloi Rivard wrote:
>         > About generate_commands,
>         >
>         > You said it generates ancient built-in commands. Do you mean
>         it is the
>         > old way to generate built-in commands ? What would be the
>         new one ?
>

>         I think you meant generate_source.c (it generates C source
>         code). It was
>         constructed initially by taking an array out of Denemo and
>         using the
>         array to generate new C code for those commands. It also has
>         sets of
>         commands for note names A-G and note durations 0-7 generated
>         programmatically.
>
>         New commands are either pure scripts, or if some C-code is
>         needed a new
>         primitive is created as outlined on irc #denemo
>

> Do you mean those old built-in commands could actually be written in
> scheme ?

No, they are the most primitive things in general, though some could be
written (via scheme) as a sequence of others. (I am thinking of things
like add an f-sharp major keysignature command, which presumably could
be done some other way ... perhaps not easily ... but then, who actually
wants such a command?)
One difference (IIRC) is that they use gtk_action_group_add_actions to
add the commands specified via an array of GtkActionEntry structures.