Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 09:29:25 -0600

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 3:49 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2013-02-20 at 23:55 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> I have compiled evince using your ev-module file. I am attaching the
> files. I hope it helps.

This builds ok for me. I guess you found the same problems trying to
link denemo against it though?

Yes. I just removed the directory shell from SUBDIR in Makefile.in That allowed compilation to finish.

I have emailed the libtool mailing list as a last resort, but I am
disheartened by this experience.

So am I.

I have started looking at the other route - building everything shared
using mxe's makefile system.
What I did was create a new toplevel mxe directory and put in a symbolic
link to the standard mxe/pkg directory. This way I don't have to
download all the packages again. Then I sed'd the --disable-shared to
become --enable-shared in all the src/*.mk files and ran make denemo.
It stopped at building libsndfile, which was because flac has failed to
generate any .dlls.

I don't think we need flac. You could disable it in whatever is depending on it. grep flac src/*.mk. Should we make a git branch or fork?

Jeremiah
(The flac.mk has --enable-shared but it only
generated .a and .la as output). I don't see anything in the log of the
flac build to explain why it would do that...