Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 14:16:11 +0000

On Fri, 2013-02-15 at 13:42 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Richard Shann
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>         On Fri, 2013-02-15 at 12:18 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
>         > I had a hunch about something so I went to investigate. I
>         found that
>         > cairo is not being build with pdf and ps support. This may
>         be what is
>         > causing the evince backend issues. I am going to retry
>         building cairo
>         > and see if these values change. I don't see poppler listed
>         as a
>         > dependency for cairo. This could explain why.
>

>         I have been poking around inside the evince source code. What
>         fails
>         first is a call to
>         g_type_module_use ()
>
>         which fails according to the documentation if "the plugin
>         fails to
>         load". I don't know anything much about plugins,
>         unfortunately...
>

> I was also poking around in evince source code and found this in
> backends/pdf/Makefile.am
> libpdfdocument_la_LIBADD =                              \
>         $(top_builddir)/libdocument/libevdocument.la    \
>         $(BACKEND_LIBS)                                 \
>         $(POPPLER_LIBS)                                 \
>         $(CAIRO_PDF_LIBS)                               \
>         $(CAIRO_PS_LIBS)
>
> If there is no CAIRO_PDF or PS it might not archive all the symbols
> into the libpdfdocument.la. I am only guessing really.

That would be a further layer to the problem, at the moment when we run
denemo and invoke the evince widget to load a pdf it is not trying to
use any routines from libpdfdocument.a, looking instead for a dll to
load as a module. I'll email your evince.mk to the mxe mailing list and
see if they have any advice.