Re: [Denemo-devel] 0.9.4rc1 tarball for testing

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 0.9.4rc1 tarball for testing
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 09:13:24 +0000

On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 19:30 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I noticed a bug. It only plays
> back once. It is easy to reproduce. enter a dew notes, hit f5, then
> hit
> f5 again. It only plays the first time. Denemo does not crash during
> this.

I believe I have fixed this bug. When stopping playing the playback
button is re-drawn as a play rather than pause button. This activity has
to be protected as it is a gtk call. I have moved it into the main loop,
and all seems to be well now.
The change is in midi.c, and I have checked it into main/latest. There
are many more changes in midi.c on master which must not get into the
release.
This shows the bit that is changed:

static gboolean
stop_play_callback(gchar *thescript) {
    call_out_to_guile(thescript);
    g_free(thescript);
    return FALSE;
}

static gboolean update_playbutton_callback(gboolean paused) {
  set_playbutton(paused);
  return FALSE;
}

void stop_playing() {
  update_position(NULL);
  g_idle_add_full(G_PRIORITY_HIGH_IDLE,
(GSourceFunc)update_playbutton_callback, is_paused(), NULL);
  playing = FALSE;
  play_until = -G_MAXDOUBLE;

Can you get this into the release branch Jeremiah?