Re: [Denemo-devel] Articulations

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Articulations
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 20:14:00 +0000

On Sat, 2011-12-10 at 19:28 +0100, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Sorry for the top posting... I noticed Nils had this function defined in
> denemo-modules/selection.scm
> SingleAndTaggedSelectionSwitcher this applies to the single object or all
> objects under selection.
>
> So in the file AccentSelectionSwitcher he has:
> (SingleAndSelectionSwitcher d-ToggleAccent)
>
> This applies to every note in the selection. I think d-ToggleAccent is a
> built-in though. I am sure it can be replaced. Is this what the menu items
> should contain (of course replace d-ToggleAccent with the new scripts
> procedures?). The script procedure would probably best be defined in the same
> file perhaps.
>
> I am not sure how the denemo-modules work. In my local git (I have not pushed
> it yet), I created a file denemo-modules/fonts.scm. It contins:
> ;;; Emmentaler rests
> (define REST0 "")
> (define REST1 "")
>
> (define REST2 "")
> (define REST3 "")
> (define REST4 "")
> (define REST5 "")
> (define REST6 "")
> (define REST7 "")
>
> (define Rest0  (string-append "\n" REST0 "\nemmentaler"))
>
> I cut these out of denemo.scm. Is this correct. Do these modules get sourced
> on startup or do they have to be specifically loaded like this:
> (load-from-path "fonts.scm)
The module load commands are all at the top of denemo.scm, you have to
explicitly load them. However, since it has turned out that we don't
need to define names for the emmentaler glyphs in general, we can leave
this for now. OTOH If the glyphs are going to move to different utf8
values or if the font is going to change it could be good to define
things like
(define DENEMO_MARCATO "\n\nemmentaler\n26")
in your new module
and then make the scripts do
(d-DirectivePut-chord-graphic "Marcato" DENEMO_MARCATO)

That's the wrong glyph for Marcato but you will know what I mean.

Richard