[Denemo-devel] Shortcuts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Shortcuts
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:56:06 +0100

I think I have got somewhere near understanding what is going on with
the shortcuts. The relevant bit of the documentation is

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/2.90/gdk3-Keyboard-Handling.html#key-group-explanation

What is unusual about Denemo is that we want to use the keyboard not for
the meaning of the symbols printed above the numerals 0,1,2... but for
their position (as being above 0,1,2... regardless of what character
this is intended to produce in a word processor). So on my keyboard,
above the 3 is a £ sign (a GB keyboard) while a US keyboard may have
something else there.

It is not clear how we should proceed. Besides the keyval that I am
currently printed out there are more primitive things - scan codes and
the like.