[Denemo-devel] Re: Bug #29825 - What is the right variant to use?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: Bug #29825 - What is the right variant to use?
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 22:12:56 +0100

On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 20:41 +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?29825
>
> What is the right variant to do?
> Is my paste script right or wrong?
your script is right. The construct I invented is inelegant, it was
because I assumed (if x ... would give an error if x was not a boolean.
so all those (boolean? x) clauses that detect when #f is being returned
are not needed. When I saw your code I thought it woud give an error,
when it didn't I thought it might just be an undocumented (unstable)
feature, so I trawled thru the docs and found that statement.

“true” means any value at all except #f

which is clearly precisely to avoid having to test the type of the
return value.