Re: [Denemo-devel] Re: denemo and GPLv3

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Re: denemo and GPLv3
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 20:48:41 +0200

I think the quickest way to get this solved, whatever the solution is, is to
get approval by all copyright holders or at least the ones we can reach.

For all cases:

- Was your part of Denemo GPL2+ or just GPL2?
- Do you agree on changing the license to "GPL3 or any later version"?
- What about future cases? Do you still care about Denemo and your parts? Do
you want to give the current maintainer, Richard Shann, the authorisation to
decide for you if there are any further license change in the future?

Then we have to check if there are any dependencies which are only GPL without
"later versions" and ask them to upgrade, too, or grant Denemo a special
license, if that is legaly possible.

Finally we have to agree if we want the GPLv3 or not.

Nils