Re: [Denemo-devel] menus, commands, and user ease of use. And other thi

From: alex stone
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] menus, commands, and user ease of use. And other things....
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 19:06:32 +0300

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 16:36 +0300, alex stone wrote:
>> as the pre-defined menus and commands, a "central" repository in the
>> programme, where all commands are listed, outside of a menu structure.
> The menu structure is entirely writable by the user, under
> ~/.denemo/actions/menus
> The point of not having a central repository is to enable you to
> navigate to commands. But the command DocumentCommand (or whatever it is
> called) does access a central repository, namely the set of definitions
> of the commands, which scheme holds.
> It is this that I used to generate the table of all commands in the help
> manual, q.v.
> The same command could be used to create scripts to find commands with
> high scores on keywords such as Clef, Upbeat, etc, so as to provide a
> method of searching command names, tooltips, labels for likely commands
> for a given purpose when the command set has become too large to explore
> by navigation.
>
> Richard

Interesting. So it's possible to build up a menu structure as user defined.
I shall have a go at this, as it may be an answer for my particular use case.

Thanks for the heads up.

I added the other items in the list to say it all once, and leave it
alone for the future, so you're not getting my "enthusiasm" in dribs
and drabs.

Alex.

--
www.openoctave.org