Re: [Denemo-devel] Report and Bugs: Midi, Fluid, Samplerate

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Report and Bugs: Midi, Fluid, Samplerate
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 08:22:47 +0000

On Sat, 2010-01-02 at 06:59 +0000, alex stone wrote:

> This is a better idea. Then there's even less donkey work to do.

Yes, but it should really have been in there at the start of writing
Denemo, along with a denemo measure object. It is not going to happen,
and in fact thinking about it I think I was being partisan in saying the
MIDI behavior is ok, it has suited me recently when I accidentally got
empty measures into a score which would nevertheless play correctly, but
from every other point of view it is bad; especially the print out and
the midi play do not agree what an empty measure means.
(So I am saying, I was wrong and Nils right).
So the MIDI playback should advance the time by one (current) measure's
worth for each empty measure encountered.
It just needs someone to get their head round the time handling in
exportmidi.c
I am sure I *can* do this, and will try on Monday if it is not already
fixed, I won't get any time until then.