Re: Re: [Denemo-devel] Portaudio

From: list
Subject: Re: Re: [Denemo-devel] Portaudio
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:06:00 +0100 (CET)

> > Nearly right. You don't tell Jack anything about bitrate and
samples. This is
> all done by the Jack-Server.
> Then that doesn't work, we have samples to output. (They are called I
> think pcm samples, they are literally numbers representing the
amplitude
> of the sound wave at a succession of points in time). So what does
Jack
> want as input? What would Denemo have to give it? Jack-Midi can be
given
> MIDI codes, that's fine, but what does Jack want?
> Richard

I guess we misunderstood. Of course you can generate sounds with certain
frequencies and send them to Jack. Maybe portaudio provides this feature
out of the box?  You have to rewrite it or use some small lib for it. I
think there are tons of applications which can generate sounds in any
shape.

Jack just gets a stream of sound.. I think. Never used it from the
dev-site.