Re: [Denemo-devel] Git is up to date with cvs

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Git is up to date with cvs
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 10:05:34 +0100

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 01:07 +0200, Jean-René Reinhard wrote:
> Does this mean git is used with a frontend emulating cvs on top of it? Is the
> git repository the main one?
No, Jeremiah is updating git from CVS.
> I yes who has write access to it?
Jeremiah and I are the admins of this project, along with Adam Tee whose
absense has orphaned the sourceforge site. Jeremiah has been looking
after the repository side of things and is proposing to switch to git.
This has been triggered by the presence of a spurious directory in the
CVS repository which is in some irregular state (I think it is a plain
empty directory which CVS has no record of, acquired by Adam importing
the sources from sourceforge a year or so ago).
I'm somewhat anxious that switching to git may make obtaining denemo a
little harder (my Debian installation didn't come with git). But I know
very little about it - I never heard of it, in fact - so I am happy to
go with more informed judgements.
Note that the sourceforge site links to cvs on Savannah for the sources,
so it would be desirable to make that link work even after switching to
git.

> Just looking for
> the right people to submit patches...
The denemo-devel list should always be fine.