Re: [Denemo-devel] Git is up to date with cvs

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Git is up to date with cvs
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 15:57:30 -0500

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 19:57 +0200, Jean-René Reinhard wrote:
> It worked out fine. I've got the history starting from beginning 2007 where a
> cvs import which dod not conserve history happened.

Ok. I will see about pulling the history before 2007 off of sourceforge
if I can.

> Is git going to become the reference once this is sorted out?

The advice you gave me worked. I used a fresh directory and pulled cvs
into it. I then copied all with cp -r into my git directory and then
committed and pushed it up.  I don't know if you can make them the same
directory. Did not work for me. There is some warning about using the
cvs import directory for work anyway.

I am ready to switch over. I am not sure if Richard has had time to use
it much. I read that people can do cvs commits to git repositories. I am
not sure but I think savannah's cvs server emulation only supports
pserver though. Pserver is anonymous readonly isn't it? I may be wrong.
If it support ext that would be an easy transition.

Thanks,
Jeremiah